Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Senior spotlight!
So I'm going to talk a little about my experience of learning my solo routine and then performing it on stage. My tap teacher at the time at my dance studio tought me my dance because I was worried about creating my own choreography. I learned the whole routine in less than an hour which was very impressive. I did pick my own song with the help of my teacher as well. I picked out a few songs and she listened to the and picked "Circus" She said it sounded really cool and would be awseume to talk to. I was extremley nervous about perorming this on stage because I was only used to just dancing with a class (group of girls) and it doesn't help that I have horrible stage fright but I wasn't going to let that get to me. At my dance studio all the people graduating got to have their own solos, which were called Senior spotlights. Not everyone did them but I saw it as a chance to show people that I am really good at what I do and that I haven't been dancing for 14 years for no reason. I was also the only senior that did a tap solo which I liked too.

No comments:

Post a Comment